Signs You’re Due for the Installation of a New Gutter System in Madison, WI
The installation of a new gutter system isn’t required very often. But, putting it off when the time comes due can spell real trouble for your home in Madison, Wisconsin. That’s because gutters aren’t for decorative purposes, and ignoring an aging gutter system that is leaking or just not working effectively can put your house at risk of sustaining serious damage. The following is a brief look at signs that you are probably due for gutter installation in Madison, WI:
- Cracked gutters – Regardless of size, cracks in a gutter system defeat the point of having gutters in the first place. While a solitary crack can generally be repaired, extensive cracking calls for new gutter installation.
- Seam separation – The point at which two individual sections of gutter channel are joined together is an inherent weak spot that is often the first location of gutter failure. Like cracking, seam separation can lead to water leaks and, in turn, water damage.
- Peeling paint – If you see any peeling paint on your home, check the part of the gutter system immediately above it. It’s possible that water is leaking out of your gutters right there.
- Wood rot – If disregarded, peeling paint caused by a leaky gutter can lead to wood rot – a much more serious problem.
- Basement mold and mildew – Downspouts exist for a reason. They ensure that water is channeled away from your home. Discovering mold and mildew in your basement is a telltale sign that excess moisture is being allowed to come into contact with your foundation walls. In this case, the installation of a new gutter system is almost certainly warranted.
For more information about gutter damage and when gutter installation is recommended, contact Innovative Gutter Solutions, LLC. Our products are available from authorized installers serving Madison, WI, and many other cities and communities.